Well, its late January, its cold and most of you are probably in some sort of “offseason.” However, an offseason is not meant to be a time of poor, unhealthy eating. This is a time where you are taking in an influx of healthy, nutrient dense calories in order to make improvements to you physique! With that said, here is a simple, easy recipe to get those cold mornings started! Below we have the second installment of my “Recipe of the Month.” This month, were cooking up some old fashioned oats…with a twist!
“HughesFIT Power Oats”
2/3 cup Steel Cut Oats
1 scoop Vanilla Syntha-6 Isolate
2 tbsp. Nuts ‘N More Almond Butter
1 oz. Raisins
*Cinnamon & Stevia to taste
- Add 2/3 cup Steel Cut Oats to a medium sized bowl and add water. (add a little more then normal)
- Cook oats in microwave for 1-2 minutes, depending on microwave.
- Take out of microwave and add 1 scoop of Vanilla Syntha-6 Isolate.
- Stir until all powder is dissolved, then add in 2 tbsp. Almond Butter.
- Once completed stirred, place back in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Take out and stir in raisins, cinnamon and stevia to taste.
Calories – 662
Carbohydrates – 69g
Dietary Fiber – 13g
Fat – 22g
This will be sure to get your winter mornings started right! For more great fitness tips, recipes and products, check out my website. Also, for a full mass-gaining program, nutritional regimen and supplementation plan check out www.BlastforMass.com. Thanks for reading!
- Ryan Hughes
IFBB Men’s Physique Pro / New York City VIP Personal Trainer